Full Job Description
Fairfield Residential is a private equity investment manager in the multifamily real estate sector with $9 Billion of assets under management, investing primarily on behalf of pension funds and other institutional investors, both foreign and domestic. Fairfield is looking for a financial analyst to join the Portfolio Management group to assist in the forecasting, valuation, portfolio analysis and investor reporting of our funds and joint ventures, with an emphasis in our affordable housing program. This person will work alongside our portfolio managers, asset managers, executives and property management team to develop investment business plans by providing the necessary information to make key investment decisions.
- Monitoring of a portfolio of assets including variances from plan and forecasting
- Report on and present portfolio and asset performance relative to budget, proforma and/or industry benchmarks.
- Provide complex financial modeling, valuations, projections, market research and performance ranking.
- Support the department and asset management as necessary with preparation of reports, analysis and special projects including making presentations.
- Identify regional, national and market trends
- Maintain ownership and responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of all workflow
- Comply with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned
- Complete company required training by established deadline.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, with a preferred major focus in finance, accounting, or real estate
- MBA is a plus but is not required
- Preferred 2-3 years of work experience in commercial real estate, financial analysis, accounting, or related fields
- Strong interest in the affordable housing industry including, but not limited to, Section 42 and Section 8 programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required (knowledge of macros is a plus), as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Financial modeling experience is preferred
- Complete understanding of basic financial concepts such as IRRs, NPVs, time value of money, etc.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally in the commercial real estate industry
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to work under pressure to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Yardi software a plus