Full Job Description
Facebook is seeking an individual who is passionate about helping partners build and cultivate communities using our products. This position will be responsible for helping to shape product roadmaps and execute against global launch plans to bring community-oriented products to market. The successful candidate is both data-driven and has the ability to synthesize market trends in the community creators ecosystem, and can effectively work with colleagues across the company to drive results. This product marketing role is focused on the inbound phase of product marketing with community creators as well as the initial phases of outbound product marketing. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs for community creators, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from internal and external stakeholders, representing the “view of the market” and running alpha and beta testing processes. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including associated messaging and positioning. This role is highly cross-functional and will work closely with the Product, Engineering, Community Partnerships, Design, Research, Communications, and Marketing teams. This is a full-time position.
- Drive product strategy bridging short-term execution and long-term vision
- Identify opportunities and represent view of the market by conducting industry research, including deep quantitative, qualitative and competitive analysis
- Analyze product performance, synthesize customer feedback and advocate improvements
- Oversee go-to-market efforts globally to support product launches and scaled adoption
- Manage comprehensive, cross-functional activities including betas, positioning, policy and product documentation
- Partner with Product Management, Community Partnerships, Engineering, Communications and other key teams
- 5+ years experience with 3+ years experience working in a product marketing, product management, management consulting, product strategy or equivalent function (partnered with product management and/or engineering to represent market requirements)
- BA/BS degree
- Management consulting experience in advertising, media or nonprofits
- Community creator and/or media experience including understanding of point of view of community creators both in U.S. and globally
- Experience working with community creators
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Quantitative analytical experience
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.