Job ID: 235202
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develop, promote and implement the corporate wide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy including policies and strategic initiatives to address systemic areas of opportunity. Through communication, education and partnership, develop diversity competency and effective diversity management skills in all business units and departments focused on but not limited to diverse workforce representation, equitable practices and programs, inclusive work environment, leadership, and external relationships.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer in designing and implementing the company’s diversity, equity and inclusion vision, mission, strategic priorities, and framework, including overall project management of DEI programs and initiatives, including the development of project plans, deliverables, and timelines for execution.
- Consult with operating companies, company leaders, HR teams, diversity councils, employee affinity groups, etc. to utilize DEI strategic framework to create, implement and facilitate tailored initiatives and solutions for business specific needs.
- Function as subject matter expert to design, develop and implement ongoing learning resources to support DEI initiatives for leaders and employees.
- Develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of firm DEI initiatives and assess the outcomes of those initiatives, benchmark against evolving best practices in the Energy Industry and beyond.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking and network within the DEI practitioner community to obtain and consistently communicate relevant best practices, trends, and regulatory updates.
- Support the creation and maintenance of strategic, creative, and programmatic DEI communications. Partner with HR, Communications and Marketing team to consistently report and highlight DEI initiatives (intranet, corporate website, and PR platforms).
- Supervises one to three employees
- This position drives corporate diversity strategies through strategic partnerships with business units, business leadership, diversity councils, ad hoc project teams and the employee affinity groups
- Focus is on leadership, decision-making, sound judgment, analytical thinking, persuasion, communication and project management
- Reports to Vice President, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, organizational development, business or related field. A minimum of 10 or more years of general human resources and change management experience.
- Demonstrated implementation of diversity equity and inclusion prinicples and practices.
- Specialized and extensive knowledge of DEI practices, the principles, laws and requirements of Federal equal employment opportunity and civil rights.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of management, establish trust, build consensus and communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skils and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Graduate degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business or related field.
- Experience in HR-reltaed functions that include management/leadership development and talent review.
- Demonstrated orientation to understanding the business and business strategy, and the ability to apply talent management processes and tools to support strategic business objectives.
- Proven coaching and influence skills.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.