Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Social Media Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists the Social Media team with content creation, competitive channel monitoring and research projects including divisional highlights;
- Assists the Social Media team with the tracking of client coverage on Excel social to ensure full coverage of roster;
- Learns the importance of C.A.R.E. (consistency, authenticity, relevance and engagement.);
- Will learn how to run and execute a content calendar, to include:
- Create gfx for template items
- Identity dates, holidays, birthdays, for MLB, PGA, NBA, NFL clients, teams and leagues
- Build new calendars
- <e> news distribution
- Will learn how to format content and photos to be published for approved stories and posts;
- Will develop skills needed to identify social media trends and opportunities;
- Will learn how to evaluate social media analytics
- Will develop skills needed to design social media specific graphics;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Social Media/Communications group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.