Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Properties Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists the Properties team in drafting company briefs for calls/meetings with decision makers;
- Prospects potential leads across the full Properties client portfolio;
- Reads daily trade news outlets and compiles relevant articles for team review;
- Learns how to identify the right decision-makers and contacts at each targeted company;
- Will gain exposure to the commercial strategy of representing a property and successfully completing the sales process for various marquee sponsorship assets (i.e. NBA jersey patches, stadium naming rights, league partnerships, etc.);
- Will learn how to analyze sports industry trades to generate leads and highlight emerging trends in the sports sponsorship marketplace;
- Will gain a basic understanding of how the agency-property relationship operates;
- Will understand how to position a property in a creative and novel way by developing outreach “hooks” that get the attention of decision-makers;
- Will learn from thought leaders in the property representation space on how to best position marquee assets through advanced storytelling and other presentation methods;
- Will gain a strong understanding of the sports sponsorship marketplace by staying up to date with recent deals, spending trends and industry news;
- Will have full access to the Properties team for career advice and professional guidance;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Properties group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.