Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date.
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Marketing Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Assists Marketing team with client management, to include the following;
- Planning/logistics for charity events/initiatives, shoots, camps, etc.
- Concierge requests (vacation, flights, restaurant reservations, etc.)
- Client relocation (housing, moving, car transport, etc.)
- Research (for projects, marketing materials, etc.)
- Assists in updating and maintaining current client information and relevant marketing materials;
- Will learn research methods to support recruiting and sales pitches;
- Will gain valuable insight on how Excel’s marketing team operates internally and externally;
- Will gain a general understanding of basic Excel marketing function principles;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Marketing group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.