Excel Sports Management is an industry-leading management and marketing agency representing top-tier talent, brands, and marquee properties. We pride ourselves in inclusivity and providing access and opportunity to deserving and motivated students with a passion to work in sports to join our Virtual Spring 2022 Internship Program.
Our Spring Program runs from Monday, January 10th, 2022 (virtual orientation) to approximately mid-May in accordance with academic requirements. All students will be available for a minimum of 25 hours per week, dependent on academic commitments, and will be required to participate in an end of semester learning experience project/presentation as well as lunch and learns throughout the semester.
Our Interns must:
- Be eligible to receive academic credit from their respective academic institution;
- Have a junior or senior standing in college, or be in a graduate school program;
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Submit a copy of your transcript and proof of course credit from your academic institution;
- Submit resume;
- Selected candidates will be scheduled for a video interview immediately after the November 1st application cut-off date (or sooner).
- If selected, offers will be extended to candidates the week of November 15th.
- The program will begin on January 10th at 12:00 PM ET.
- 9:00 am‐6:00 pm, Monday-Friday OR as agreed upon with advisor in accordance with academic requirements.
Communications Learning Objectives & Intern Expectations:
- Supports in the monitoring of media placements for client coverage;
- Assists the Communications team with research on clients, media outlets and reporters for potential coverage opportunities;
- Will learn to develop and curate innovative storylines for clients;
- Will learn to create and help activate grassroots sports marketing programs for Hospital for Special Surgery;
- Will develop relationships with local reporters and pitch clients for feature stories;
- Assist across the Communications Department to help create pitch opportunities for the agency as well as Brand Marketing clients;
- Will learn to use and utilize public relations programs like Cision to research and develop media lists;
- Will have access to the Excel team for industry advice and learnings;
- May occasionally be assigned projects outside the Communications group to gain exposure to other divisions within Excel;
- Will participate in end of year learning experience and capstone project as required of all Excel interns.