Everest Insurance Company
Everest Insurance is seeking a candidate to be a part of a high performing and dynamic predictive modeling team within our actuarial department.
Responsibilities will include close collaboration with various business units’ actuarial, claims, IT and data governance teams to
You will report to the VP of the Actuarial Analytics group. This individual will participate in the development of predictive models across each of Everest’s US insurance businesses.
- Identify and prioritize predictive modeling projects with greatest business impact that drive improved risk selection, optimal portfolio management and enhanced claim outcomes. Project work may span across various lines of business and across multiple functional areas (e.g., underwriting, claims, sales & distribution, etc.).
- Design and conduct analyses that quantify the impact of underwriting decisions, policy and/or market changes, including development of process for integration into models.
- Integrate analytical tools into current process to provide real time actionable insights.
- Assist in the development of strategies to retain business, grow opportunities, and mitigate risks based on the analytics developed.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the property-casualty insurance industry or at least 2 years of relevant data modeling experience
- Familiarity of pricing, reserving, and monitoring for multiple classes of commercial insurance
- Strong organizational/project management skills including documentation and written/verbal communication skills around project requirements and status
- Flexibility to work within resource and timing constraints
- Enjoys collaborating in a dynamic environment with autonomy, responsibility, and visibility
- P&C pricing experience using actuarial or data science techniques a strong plus. CAS designations desirable
- Proven ability to achieve results by coding and developing complex prototypes in languages such as R, Spark, Python, SQL, Emblem, Java
- Player/coach, ability to lead team, take ownership and be accountable for own portfolio of projects.