Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Accountable to business line leader with dotted line to NSC to ensure accurate and proper business financials
Budget and Reporting
- Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts to ensure complete and accurate financial budgeting and forecasting to company headquarters.
- Perform monthly budget to actual variance analysis and highlight the drivers on business unit level.
- Perform detailed P&L review and ensure all necessary adjustments and accruals are communicated and booked by the NSC.
- Provide comprehensive and executable recommendations for corrective actions to meet budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and/or support the preparation of monthly KPIs, executive management reports and ad hoc reports, discuss variances versus target and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively provide analysis on book of business, study budgets and study results to enable ECL to accurately forecast financial performance and operational activities.
- Assist NSC with annual financial audits by providing information and variance explanations as requested by the external accounting firm.
- Lead and participate in various business review meetings to include monthly, quarterly, and annual review of the business
- Assist in the evaluation of better financially performing activities and assist with workload balance to enhance profitability
- Manage all financing activities including invoicing, study reconciliations, and NWC.
- Monitor and define all financial processes and procedures
- Provide day to day analytical support to the business with respects to KPI development, implementation, and review
- Manage customer activity including collections, escalations, and other financial focused requests from customers
- Develop and train team; implement training and succession planning program
- Ensure team members are performing functions at a high standard and handle escalations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; MBA or CPA highly desirable
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience; 2 years in a Supervisory role
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong leadership qualities including the ability to disseminate detailed financial information in a way that is easily transferrable into operational action
- Ability to define and implement action plans to manage escalations and process improvement
Position is full-time, 8am-4:30pm, M-F and as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Saint Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.