The Manager, Sports Marketing role will support the NHL business, building and managing relationships across key stakeholders (not limited to): Programming, ESPN+, Hulu, internal/external creative team, Sales, Media, and league communication. The position is based in NYC and will support the NHL brand team in the development and execution of marketing strategies and multi-platform promotional plans, in addition to providing support and management of the NHL Coordinator. The position reports to the Director, Sports Marketing, NBA and NHL.
- Contribute to the development of NHL marketing strategies and promotional plans of major tentpole moments throughout the season
- Act as lead quarterback, in support of the Coordinator, between key internal and external stakeholders to deliver campaign on time, on brand and in a culturally relevant fashion
- Act as lead in internal cross-functional meetings setting agendas, taking meeting notes, and spearheading calls
- Assist in development of marketing briefs to internal and external partners in support of priority programming
- Contribute, and lead the development of strategy from tentpole to tentpole in the areas of: Social and Music
- Collaborate in the development of recaps for internal Leadership, Leagues and Programming team as needed
- Manage day-to-day relationship with internal and external creative partners including the planning and management of full timelines
- Contribute or lead weekly planning meetings with cross functional teams (Media, Programming, Production, Affiliate) to ensure alignment on plans and initiatives
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners including Programming, Production, League partners
- Assist in deck outline and building for league meetings, executive presentations, among other instances that require visual presentations
- Assist with the day-to-day management of marketing strategies and campaign launch plans including:
- Utilize fan insights and research to inform marketing strategy
- Manage creative development, from inception to approvals and execution
- Plan and schedule marketing efforts with Media partners
- League communication, campaign extensions and implementation
- Affiliate campaign development and asset delivery
- Manage pre-production and production logistics and timelines supporting live action, clip-based campaigns and photography shoots
- Provide detailed performance analysis of all marketing plans and initiatives
- Create, collaborate and contribute to: NHL social media efforts, CRM efforts and overall Media efforts
- Manage and support marketing activations and fan experiences
- Manage and mentor the Marketing Coordinators – Setting regular check-ins to track development and opportunities for growth
- Manage the NHL Production budget
- Minimum of 4 years of related marketing/advertising required with an understanding of marketing fundamentals, including strategic and creative development, creative evaluation, and budget management
- Minimum of 1 years of people management
- Strong strategic marketing acumen
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work in extremely fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of ESPN’s unique brand voice
- Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Fluency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management.
- Is a passionate sports fan with a comprehensive knowledge of the assigned sport.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
- Embraces and passionate about social media. Knowledge of and understanding of all social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Adobe Suite experience desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)