ERM is seeking an ESG Consultant to join our Transactions Advisory technical team in Manhattan, NY. In this role, you will provide technical assistance on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) due diligence projects for clients across a variety of market sectors, including the private equity/finance sector.
This is an excellent career opportunity to join our globally recognized M&A Solutions Services team, voted ‘Environmental Advisor of the Year’ by Acquisitions Monthly.
- Perform ESG due diligence projects for industrial and commercial transactions, including Phase I Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards.
- Support a team providing ESG diligence services to variety of clients.
- Support a team with preparation of concise reports that assess and describe potential ESG liabilities/opportunities.
- Perform Phase I and limited environmental, health and safety compliance assessments at industrial and commercial facilities in the context of a due diligence transaction.
- Review project/portfolio data, including compliance with ESG benchmarks, and prepare written reports summarizing findings.
- Perform multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure high quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively deliver projects and meet client expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, sustainability, business administration, finance, or other ESG-related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in environmental consulting, working on ESG due diligence projects.
- Preferable to have a solid knowledge of the ASTM Phase I standard, understanding core concepts of business transactions, and continued interest in working on transactions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills; and experience or talent for writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to being responsive to our clients’ needs and meeting challenging transaction schedules.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!