ERM is seeking a mid-level Associate Environmental Economist Consultant, to provide technical and project management assistance on natural resources and environmental economics projects for our global clients, reporting into our Raleigh, NC. You will contribute your leadership, client relationship, and technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM’s business and client base in the U.S., while networking with ERM’s global team to share multi-disciplinary resources and best practices.
Some recent projects include: economics of climate change; evaluation of Science Based Targets; economic impact of renewable energy; valuations of air and water quality, outdoor recreation and property values; and development of ESG metrics for biodiversity. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career level with a global environmental and sustainability leader.
- Manage multiple project or task teams on environmental and natural resource economics issues. Lead technical work on large, integrated contracts.
- Responsible for client-facing engagements in managing scope, schedule and budget on assigned projects or tasks.
- Prepare technical proposals, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates, and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships to support repeat business.
- Mentor junior consulting staff to develop their skill sets in the Climate Change & Sustainability Strategy practice area.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees and offices.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s in Environmental Economics, Statistics or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of relevant economic experience, ideally consulting for private-sector clients.
- High degree of technical competence in statistics, econometrics, and quantitative analysis. Ability to find creative and innovative solutions to technical and data related challenges.
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary teams and designing analyses that are fit-to-purpose.
- Well-developed team building and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!