ERM is seeking a motivated and dynamic entry level Associate, Corporate Sustainability Consultant to join our growing sustainability advisory services practice area. In this entry-level, client-facing role, you will work directly with senior consultants to provide support on client engagements such as materiality assessments, writing sustainability reports, responding to ESG (environmental, social and governance) ratings and rankings, and setting sustainability goals.
- Conduct desk-based bench marking and research on clients, industries, and market trends.
- Analyze client documentation and identify improvement opportunities (gap analysis).
- Synthesize research findings into key themes, analyze information to develop conclusions and draft recommendations for client deliverables.
- Prepare client deliverables.
- Support the development of corporate sustainability reports, including outlining, writing, editing, and proofreading content and other client communications.
- Participate in client meetings and workshops and maintain required documentation.
- Assist in general business development research, marketing, and other development tasks.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree in relevant field a plus. We consider a broad range of undergraduate majors and advanced degrees.
- Recent graduate to 3 years of related experience in consulting, corporate, industrial or other environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively within multiple levels of consulting staff and client personnel.
- Penchant for service excellence and a collaborative style.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently. Some travel may be required to support a wide array of projects and clients.
- High level proficiency in use of Microsoft Office programs—comfort with complicated Excel formulas, pivot tables, etc., plus ability to present information succinctly and visually in PowerPoint; sophisticated data analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in business consulting and environmental/social issues (through related coursework, previous employment, or personal endeavors).
- Targeting someone who is looking to start work in September timeframe.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.