- The Clinical Ethicist will serve as a key team member for Emory Healthcare Ethics supporting Ethics across the Emory Healthcare system.
- The Ethicist will join an active Ethics consult service serving hospitals throughout the system and will participate in the educational and organizational ethics mission of the healthcare system.
- The Ethicist will provide consultative services, deliver Ethics education in a variety of settings, and participate in collaborative initiatives to support the organizational mission, providing high quality, compassionate care.
- The Clinical Ethicist will also participate in the vibrant academic environment of Emory University with affiliation opportunities with the Emory University Center for Ethics and other Ethics programs.
- Master’s degree or doctoral degree in Ethics or Ethics-related field with expertise or focus in healthcare ethics, clinical ethics or bioethics.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical practice settings or a clinical ethics fellowship program, providing thoughtful and high-quality healthcare ethics case consultation, either as an individual ethics consultant, ethics consultation team member or through an active ethics committee.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration and proficient teamwork skills.
- In-depth knowledge and skills in clinical ethics, ethics case consultation methodologies, and consultation documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Ability and a commitment to work sensitively and professionally with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation abilities, both with individuals and groups in formal and informal presentation settings.
- Proficiency with electronic medical records. Strong interpersonal skills. Certification in healthcare ethics consultation (HEC-C) preferred