Pulled from the full job description
Full Job Description
Requisition ID: (21014340)
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Charlottesville
Job Function: Accounting & Finance
Job Posting Date: Sep 30, 2021, 5:00:43 PM
If you are an Accounting & Finance professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Charlottesville, VA location, you will….focus on reporting, budgeting, and variance analysis at the HQ level. Additionally, collaborate and partner with the global finance and operations team to streamline processes, improve profitability, and drive tangible results.
AS THE FINANCIAL ANALYST FOR GLOBAL FP&A, YOU WILL:
- Assist with monthly closing, reporting, and financial analysis
- Analyze regional profitability and interface with the global finance team
- Work cross functionally to drive operational excellence
- Continue to identify and implement Emerson best practices, in order to streamline HFM loading, reporting, and budgeting processes
- Identify opportunities to improve product profitability
- Independently investigate variances vs expectations and plan, and subsequently drive tangible results
- Assist with strategic analysis and audit inquiries on an adhoc basis
- Analyze balance sheet metrics, such as working capital, receivables, payables and inventory
- Ensure financials are in accordance with corporate polices (CP&P) and US GAAP
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with both operations and finance partners
WHO YOU ARE:
You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. You integrate quantitative and qualitative information to draw accurate conclusions. You build constructive relationships with people both similar and different to yourself. You take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited college or university
- 3+ years of Accounting or Finance experience
- Process oriented and strong data management skills
- Ability to work in a global environment
- Works well with ambiguity and in matrix environment
- Self-starter, flexible, and comfortable working in a fast pace, evolving organization.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Financial modeling and data management experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Established analytical and reporting ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and leadership skills
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethics in all activities
- Experience with SAP, Projects System Module, Power BI, and Hyperion
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: email@example.com.
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.