IT Business Analyst, Financial Systems
Job LocationsUS-CA-San Juan Capistrano
Emerald is seeking a Business System Analyst to join our team in San Juan Capistrano, CA. The Business System Analyst will analyze and provide functional expertise to identify, evaluate and develop requirements to meet Emerald’s Accounting and Finance goals. The Business System Analyst may also configure settings, plan & execute unit, integration & acceptance testing, and create specifications for systems to meet business requirements, as well as provide consultation to users and collaborate with FP&A, Account Payable and Accounting team to address business or systems issues.
The Business System Analyst should be inquisitive, with the ability to learn and understand Emerald’s holistic business needs and translate the technical requirements into scalable solutions across accounting and finance systems. Operating in a highly collaborative environment, the BSA must be able to effectively work and communicate within the IT Application team as well as the user community, from our Finance and Accounting team to senior business leaders. This role must be capable of decisive action and grounded in a strong analytical and creative approach to mastering challenges, in addition to the ability to ask the right questions in order to assess, document, and analyze business needs. In addition, the BSA should be capable of – and enjoy – working in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate and lead sessions with Accounting and Finance team (both independently and working with a PM) to gather and document system requirements, assess stakeholder needs and issues, and document required processes for various sized IT initiatives (small, medium, large, and strategic initiatives) spanning multiple orgs, and multiple integrations
- All aspect of Hyperion Planning and Workforce, and financial close process
- Monitor automated data loads, assist Finance with resolving kick-outs
- Reconcile financial data variances across financial systems
- Translate business requirement documents into functional requirements and specifications that can be presented to management, customers, development teams and vendors
- Consider impact to current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system and reporting changes
- Configure system settings and options, plan & execute unit, integration & acceptance testing, and create specifications for systems to meet business requirements
- Function as liaison between the development teams and Accounting and Finance team to ensure effective delivery of software changes
- Ensure that business processes, policies, and procedures are supported by proposed application solutions
- Provide post implementation support and enhancement/bug documentation as needed
- Develop and maintain training and support materials used to educate the user community on changes made to business applications and processes
- Collaborate with technical resources to resolve complex system issues
- Provide support, including researching and resolving production issues in accordance with established service levels
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of business functional area experience.
- 3+ years of experience with AP, GL, Planning or Finance systems; experience with Zuora and/or Hyperion Planning strongly preferred.
- Experience with full stack SDLC and Agile Development
- Working knowledge of enterprise level applications
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Ability to communicate business process to technical resources
- Ability to create complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow
- Ability to gather requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements
- Ability to create detailed and thorough test plans for medium-sized initiatives
- Demonstrated customer service abilities and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of business systems software and software development lifecycle
- Ability to develop a project plan, meeting established deliverables and timelines
- Ability to execute based upon directions from leadership and senior team member(s)
- Ability to conduct meetings, gather information and present status
- Experience accurately sizing and planning scope of projects for self and others on the team
- Experience with relational database (MS-SQL is strongly preferred)
Emerald is a leader in building dynamic, market-driven business-to-business platforms that integrate live events with a broad array of industry insights, digital tools, and data-focused solutions to create uniquely rich experiences. As true partners, we at Emerald strive to build our customers’ businesses by creating opportunities that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. With over 140 events each year, our teams are creators and connectors who are thoroughly immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. For more information, please visit http://www.emeraldx.com.
To support Emerald’s commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environment we require all of our team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with law, accommodations may be available in specific circumstances, including religious beliefs and medical conditions. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.