Senior Accounting Analyst
- Elephant Insurance
- Henrico, VA 23233
Posted 1 Day Ago
Senior Accounting Analyst
Why Elephant Insurance?
At Elephant Insurance, we believe that people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and dynamic company culture that has earned us the honor of being named one of the best places to work! As our company grows, we encourage an environment of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and employee growth and development.
Elephant Insurance strives towards creating and sustaining a flexible, adaptable, and customer-centric workplace atmosphere. We aim to uphold our start-up mentality backed by one of the UK’s largest insurers, Admiral Group. We value our ability to identify and develop talented, motivated people to help Elephant become a growing, profitable, sustainable company with the customer at the center.
Summary of Benefits:
- 22 days of paid time off each year plus an additional day each year until your 6th year
- Shares of stock that pay dividends throughout the year and vest three years from the date they are granted
- 401k match of 100% up to 5% of employee earnings
- Health savings account option and choice of three medical plans
- Dental, vision, legal and disability coverage
- Gym membership reimbursement and athletic event reimbursement
- Local discounts with various restaurants, gyms and other companies
About Our Senior Accounting Analyst:
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about working cross-functionally to implement new insurance accounting standards. They will be comfortable partnering with all areas and levels of the business to develop processes, procedures, and documentation to ensure successful project completion. They will also partner with the Admiral Group, plc (our UK-based parent company) Finance team to identify and implement best practices under the new standard. The Senior Accounting Analyst will reside in the IFRS group within the Finance department.
In light of the continuing developments connected to the COVID-19 pandemic, Elephant Insurance is enacting measures to contribute to the global effort to combat the spread of the virus. The majority of Elephant Insurance employees have temporarily moved to work at home to comply with the CDC guidelines for social distancing. When Elephant Insurance returns to normal operations, it is expected that we will work in a hybrid model that includes time working from home and from our onsite work location.
To ensure productivity in a home environment, applicants must meet the space and technology requirements outlined below.
Work at Home Requirements:
- A dedicated workspace that is free from background noise and distractions of any kind during business hours.
- A reliable high-speed broadband Internet service provider with a connection speed of at least 5 megabytes. A speed test will be required.
- Ability for Ethernet cable to be physically connected to carrier by the router or modem.
- Assist with management of companywide initiative toward implementation of accounting standards.
- Implement changes within the general ledger that coincide with accounting requirements.
- Collaborate with the parent company’s Finance team on implementation of new accounting software; prepare technical papers specifically related to the United States operations; and assist with forecasting the impact of new accounting standards on future financial results.
- Apply research and analysis performed by the parent company to local business.
- Partner with the business in identifying, designing, and documenting new policies and procedures needed to comply with accounting standards.
- Build and maintain influential working relationships across functional departments, including Finance, Management Information Systems (MIS), IT and Product teams, as well as with all levels of the company.
- Assist with communication of project timelines and impacts within Finance team.
- Assist in updating internal and external financial statements to comply with new accounting standards.
- Ad-hoc projects and miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned.
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least four years of accounting experience
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Strong competencies in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must possess great problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills and achieve goals
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and take ownership of projects
- Public accounting experience
- Insurance industry accounting experience
- Experience with varied general ledger and financial reporting application
- SQL experience