- Elephant Insurance
- Henrico, VA 23233
Posted 1 Day Ago
About the Herd
Elephant is a direct to consumer automobile insurance company, based in Richmond, VA. We believe people who like what they do, do it better. We pride ourselves on a relaxed and friendly company culture. We encourage a climate of individual contribution, long-term commitment, and profitable growth.
Elephant Insurance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Admiral Group plc. Admiral is the second largest auto insurer in the UK with subsidiaries in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Elephant offers medical, dental, vision insurance
- Elephant offers an additional supplemental benefits fund that you can use to buy additional benefits that you can apply to a gym membership, additional life insurance, cancer and accident coverage or health savings accounts
- Stock grants and stock dividends for all employees
- Elephant offers a competitive 401k option
- 22 days of Paid Time Off a year
Elephant is currently seeking an Actuarial Analyst to support our long-term business goals of building a profitable, sustainable, and growing business. As an Actuarial Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and updating monthly reports, developing quarterly reserve and loss ratio projections, and completing exhibits for our financial statements. This position reports to the Reserving Manager. This position requires an individual to manage multiple assignments concurrently and demonstrate the ability to work independently. A successful candidate would excel at analytical thinking and be comfortable communicating technical results to senior management and non-technical colleagues.
The Actuarial track is focused on furthering a candidate’s development within the field of Actuarial Science; study hours and exam assistance are provided by Elephant. Associates may have an opportunity for a rotation into the Pricing Department to further their knowledge of actuarial techniques.
- Proactively monitoring loss ratio trends and communicating findings to management.
- Developing indications of ultimate loss and loss adjustment expenses on a quarterly basis and communicating conclusions and proposals to senior management.
- Coordinating with Management Information Systems (MIS) to implement changes to system reserves and maintain our actuarial databases.
- Producing projections of ultimate underwriting loss ratio on a quarterly basis, partnering with Pricing on rate level analysis, and communicating proposals for senior management.
- Completing Schedule P exhibits for the annual Statutory financial statement.
- Completing Solvency II technical provision data calls for IFRS Group consolidated reporting.
- Providing recommendations to management regarding appropriate cover for Catastrophic Excess of Loss Reinsurance.
- Partnering with Claims, Accounting, Finance, MIS, and Pricing teams.
- Other analysis as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related business or quantitative discipline
- 2+ Years of Experience
- Successful completion of one or more Actuarial Exams (P, FM…)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Some computer programming knowledge (SAS, SQL, R, or other programming language)
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a wide audience