Full Job Description
Provide management with timely and accurate reports to help in the decision making process and for monitoring business performance. This role will be key in the development and publication of performance reporting, the role will support the daily and monthly reporting activities and the Elementis planning cycle (Three Year, Annual Plan, Forecast). This position will (help) generate data analytics and reports that will be used by the Performance Managers and business leaders to drive business decisions.
As a key member of the finance team, this position requires a self-starter with a finance / accounting base who can identify and complete work in a highly dynamic and independent environment.
- Support the daily and monthly production of key Management Information (MI) and monthly MI book.
- Evolve financial reporting, dashboards and processes to meet the needs of the business. Leverage Elementis tools (Tableau) to drive an automated approach to support performance management of financials, new business opportunities and value creation initiatives.
- Organize data from various sources and integrate to create analytics. Understand how to make data visually appealing and easy to navigate.
- Help drive the use of technology in financial management activities by promoting and the use of Tableau, Finario & Smartsheet. Center of expertise for the user community. Helps to deliver end-user training.
- Responsible for ensuring master data is consistent and reliable across the Elementis enterprise. Responsible for system generated data integrity checks (daily & monthly). Ensures the taxonomy is maintained across all businesses.
- Support a programme of continuous improvement in performance management and MI to promote standardization and simplification through a systematic approach.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Elementis Roadmap to create a state of the art MI environment. Provide support to manage projects and initiatives which includes milestones and timelines.
- Monitor Elementis value creation plans and report and track status of initiatives. Partner with the Performance Managers, the Strategy & Transformation Manager to support the segments and functions to ensure quality reporting.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual budgeting and interim forecast processes.
Other ad hoc projects as required
Additional Job Description
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field. MBA or equivalent is preferable.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial planning and analysis within an industrial business environment
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Technical skills: proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint, and knowledgeable on business financial systems such as Tableau, Hyperion, Business Warehouse, Smartsheet and Finario
- JDE experience is a plus
- Strong capability in creating reports, financial models and dashboards from scratch, interrogate data and conduct simple statistical analysis
- Proficiency with financial modelling and techniques
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Able to seek out information and provide support to make decisions based on fact
- Good business acumen
Keys to Success
- Attention to details, quick learner and willingness to take on challenges
- Track record of automation and process improvement
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to analyse, prioritize and respond to multiple demands on time and resources
- Understand and be interested in how the company as a whole operates, its main products, customers and operations
- Uses common sense, pragmatic thinking and possesses necessary analytical skills for problem solving and data interpretation purposes
- A dedicated self-starter with high enthusiasm
Elementis is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on a basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accomodations@elementis.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application status. EEOC Poster