Edison Energy provides independent, global advisory solutions to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better understand and navigate the choices and risks of managing sustainability and energy. Edison Energy enables decision-makers to deliver on their strategic, financial and sustainability goals. Providing a suite of specialized services across sustainability, energy optimization, analytics, renewables and supply, Edison Energy addresses the three biggest challenges in energy today: cost, carbon, and complex choices. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX)
As a member of the Sustainability team, this role is responsible for leading and supporting client engagements within Edison Energy’s Sustainability practice, with a focus on helping high-profile clients (primarily Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, and cities) define and execute decarbonization and related sustainability strategies. Key to this role will be leveraging sustainability expertise and insights. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high impact consulting projects across areas including energy; carbon management; greenhouse gas inventory; environmental justice; sustainability reporting; stakeholder engagement; net zero, science-based targets, carbon neutrality; project management; climate change; climate adaptation; carbon emissions modeling; water; waste; and renewable energy.
- Lead/support client engagements with a focus on sustainability and decarbonization strategy development, including net-zero goals and Science Based Targets (SBTi).
- Lead/support technical advisory to clients, including through the development of scope 1, 2, and 3 greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories, carbon abatement curves, carbon pricing, climate scenario modeling, value chain engagement, and other relevant topics.
- Communicate decarbonization strategy within client organizations, engaging leadership (including the C-suite and operational management) in defining business cases, synthesizing feedback, and developing tailored strategy roadmaps.
- Educate and advise multi-disciplinary teams within Edison Energy on industry trends pertaining to sustainability and support existing and prospective clients on sustainability elements.
- Author proposals, whitepapers and other collateral to contribute to Edison Energy’s thought leadership on sustainability, decarbonization, goal setting, and implementation.
- Build and support relationships with other sustainability consultants, NGOs, regulatory entities, vendors and product/service companies.
- Provide mentoring to junior team members.
- Work experience in consultancy / professional services preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in Sustainability, Engineering, Data Analytics, or Economics desired. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Substantial working expertise in two or more of the following areas: sustainability program development, GHG inventory accounting and verification, carbon footprinting, decarbonization strategy, sustainability goal setting, stakeholder engagement, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), climate adaptation and risk, renewable energy and environmental reporting.
- Experience working with climate-related disclosures and frameworks including CDP, DJSI, GRESB, or GRI.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and gain executive support for enterprise level environmental programs.
- Excellent written and oral business communication skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong facilitation, network building and influencing abilities and ability to growth and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial interest in growing a strategic initiative within an expanding company
- Travel may be expected up to 20% of time (currently zero travel due to ongoing COVID-19 pandemic)
We prefer the position to be based out of Boston, MA. However, we will consider remote candidates as well.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Please still apply if you think you are the right person for the position. We are always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and objectives.
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Edison Energy is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved