This role is open to be based from: New York, NY and Washington, D.C.
Our Technology practice sits at the nexus point of innovative, integrated campaigns for technologies that impact consumers, society, and our way of life.
We’re looking for communicators that are passionate about telling deep, impactful stories at this intersection, using creativity, analytics, and media relations skills to move conversations forward in a meaningful way.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive (SAE) to join our growing team in New York to help us realize this vision and drive our industry forward. A great SAE for the Edelman Technology team is somewhat of a unicorn: someone who understands a wide array of technologies, knows how to reach a variety of consumer and business audiences, and has an appetite to own and drive the kinds of integrated communications marketing campaigns that win awards.
This is no ordinary technology communications role. If you’re passionate about technology but want to expand your horizons and do transformative work for game-changing brands, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for the supervision of account work performed by junior staff . In this role, you will demonstrate the ability to manage up, as well as manage across with peers and mentor account team members. You will learn Edelman’s various Communications Marketing processes/approaches, including public engagement, message workshops, master narrative assignments, brand engagement, social media campaigns and stakeholder mapping exercises and be able to support integrated teams in the execution of these processes for clients.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Coordinates and helps plan media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, interviews and new media outreach
- Demonstrates tactical and strategic knowledge of integrated Communications Marketing principles and skills, and contributes to creation of communications marketing plans to meet client objectives
- Application of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
- Demonstrates practical understanding of visual communications, desktop multimedia, social media and the digital landscape and how to incorporate these into client programs
- Manages projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- At least two years of relevant experience in Communications Marketing and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing
- At least one year of experience working in the technology communications space
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
- Proven ability to manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- Clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
- Able to perform well under pressure and be a team player
- Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.