At EcoVadis, we envision a global marketplace where sustainability intelligence influences every business decision – improving economies, people’s lives and the planet we all depend on. EcoVadis counts industry leaders like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal, Nestlé, and Michelin, among the 55,000+ businesses on its network.
With an ambitious, purposeful mission to provide the world’s most trusted business sustainability ratings, EcoVadis is driven by a diverse team sharing the core values of commitment, customer-focus, courage, integrity, kindness and happiness.
EcoVadis offers you exciting career opportunities in an innovative and dynamic environment. We are looking for passionate team players from a variety of disciplines – from CSR and sustainability experts to customer engagement and engineering talents – to join us to make a real impact on the environmental and social practices of companies worldwide. Join us!
You will support the Evaluation Services (EVS) team in explaining assessment results to companies that have been rated by EcoVadis on their sustainability performance, by presenting our methodology, giving contextual information around their performance, and maintaining constructive discussions with customers. The ultimate goal of your role is to make sure that our rated customers are provided with highly professional support to maximise customer satisfaction and maintain continuous engagement. You will need to quickly master the Evaluation Services team concepts, processes and guidelines so that you can become an external facing champion for the EcoVadis rating methodology.
Main duties & responsibilities
Support the team with day to day requests from rated companies primarily in North America:
- Act as a primary escalation point for accounts in the region.
- Ensure deadlines are respected, and high quality support is provided.
- Review/Validate written responses and presentations to rated companies feedback/question.
- Lead discussion and calls between the evaluation services team and rated companies.
- Mentor evaluation services team members to drive customer engagement quality improvement.
Collaborate with other departments to maximize transparency and customer satisfaction:
- Work with our Engagement and Membership teams to maximize the value that rated companies receive from the EcoVadis solutions. Actively contribute to maintaining a high satisfaction level towards EcoVadis services. Collaborate with team members to ensure dissatisfied customers’ frustrations are quickly and effectively addressed
- Establish and maintain strong engagement with both proactive & reactive outreach to accounts in the region.
- Develop trusted expertise relationships with key account stakeholders, and executives.
- Assist customers in more effectively utilizing the EcoVadis scorecard to better identify improvement opportunities and drive corrective action plans.
Drive solution improvement through feedback collection and analysis:
- Proactively solicit feedback with assigned accounts and existing markets.
- Collaborate with various business units such as Customer Success or Product Management to improve transparency and manage expectations of rated companies.
- Analyze data to identify improvement opportunities.
The job demands analytical, organizational skills and advanced soft skills to handle increasingly advanced requests for engagement and transparency from our rated companies:
- The job is expected to have autonomy
- The job is expected to establish best practices, improve existing or develop new procedures
- The job is expected to identify issues and propose solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Minimum 5 years of successful customer service experience or consulting experience in a Sustainability/ESG consulting or rating firm, with advanced understanding of sustainability standards and frameworks (GRI, SASB, TCFD…)
- Phenomenal communication, presentation and public speaking skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in a synthetic way, adapted to customers’ expectations.
- Excellent sense of customer service and ability to handle customer complaints while supporting internal processes integrity and fairness.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to offer resolutions to conflictual situations.
- Uncompromising on work ethics.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and proven ability to work within prescribed timelines.
- Empathy, benevolence and a spirit of analysis and synthesis.
- Self-motivated; works independently with little or no supervision.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Team Player / ability to collaborate with others & work in a team-oriented environment
- Fluent in English – additional languages such as Spanish, Portuguese or French would be welcomed.
- Quick learner – not afraid to learn an onslaught of new acronyms, terms, and software platforms.
What EcoVadis offers:
- A rare opportunity to get in and contribute meaningfully to a growing business: We have a solid foundation of over 450 global industry leaders as customers and 13 years of revenue growth, and yet only a few percent penetrated in our opportunity: the sky’s the limit!
- Exercise your initiative in an environment where your character as well as your ideas are valued
- A career with a positive impact: Ultimately, we are striving to make the world more sustainable, and along the way you will develop or deepen your understanding of Sustainable Development and Sustainable Procurement
Term of Employment: Permanent
Location: Anywhere in the US (Office location available in New York City but open to a remote/home office-based position)
Are you interested?
Please apply directly online by clicking on the link below and attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF format.
For more information about EcoVadis please visit our website: www.ecovadis.com
EcoVadis does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.