Quality Engineer – Product Launch
Locations: Beltsville, Maryland
Req ID: 103549
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer – Product Launch to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Responsible for Quality Control (QC) capability deployment in the Asia Manufacturing Plant (Batam, Indonesia) and Quality Tasks (QE) for new product launch and transitions following the Eaton PROLaunch (NPD and STP) Process. Lead quality activities such as approval of Batam FAIs, creation and submittal of FAIs & PPAPs in the Customer portals, creating quality standard work documentation, selection of gage, fixture and equipment in alignment with Aerospace quality standards (AS9100) and ensuring adherence to Customer and Eaton quality requirements.
Lead the Transfer of Quality Control Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS). Ensure that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Define customer approval requirements and establish capability at the TMS to ensure compliance. Lead approval process coordinating activities between project team and customer to ensure product launch timing meets plan.
- Partner with Quality Inspectors, Process Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Operations to establish robust manufacturing process controls using Process Flow, PFMEA, and Process Control Plans to ensure reliable, repeatable and capable processes.
- Monitor manufacturing processes and methods to assure compliance to in-process quality requirements and facilitate problem solving activity as required to achieve highest FPY possible.
- Provide technical leadership for IMS/TMS Transitions including:
- Feasibility Reviews of quality control capacity and capability of target sites
- Technical assessment of existing quality management system and quality control tools and processes at sending and receiving sites, prior to moving parts.
- Support engineering drawing & MCO reviews with IMS and TMS
- Development of robust quality control processes and specifications required for quality assurance for TMS
- Training and development of personnel at new manufacturing locations
- On time support of program gates and deliverables led by project manager.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with APQP, PFMEA, Process Control Planning, MSA, SPC and/or PPAP
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both no and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within 50 miles of the Beltsville, MD facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience supporting new product launch/product qualification processes
- Three (3) years of experience with AS9100 Quality System, product/process auditing techniques, document control and AS9102 First Article requirements.
- One (1) year of experience using problem-solving techniques – Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process and FMEA.
- Three (3) years of experience with manufacturing processes (Metal and Carbon Machining, Metal Forming, Welding, Heat Treating), equipment selection, tooling, part process inspection, GD&T.
- Exposure to multicultural environment and program launches outside USA
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time