Locations: Reno, Nevada
Get Job Alerts
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking an Accounting Manager. This position is based at our Reno, NV facility.
Eaton’s Crouse Hinds, B-Line, Oil & Gas Group has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Manager within our Reno NV manufacturing plant who will partner with Plant leadership to provide meaningful information and analysis regarding manufacturing operations and products to drive improvements and support meeting our financial commitments. This position is pivotal in managing the daily functions related to financial reporting for this site, with specific functions including variance analysis, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting, and department budgeting.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze manufacturing spend, manufacturing variances and other information (earned hours, paid hours, manufacturing costs, sourcing data, PPV, overhead allocations, etc.) at the plant level and cost center level. Provide Plant Manager with results and recommendations that will support our financial commitments and drive improvements.
- Prepare the material, labor and overhead portion of the profit plan for the plant
- Serve as a business advisor to the Plant Manager and support achieving the High 5 Operations Metrics (CP%, FP%, DOH and CONC%) and advise leadership on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control, process improvements, and business actions.
- Work with the Plant to prepare weekly and monthly manufacturing variance to current month forecast.
- Perform mathematical computations from data and accumulate data to develop reports, charts, or records as required.
- Assist in coding and approval of invoices.
- Along with the SCM team, lead the annual physical inventory and assist with internal and external audit requirements.
- Support the calculate and validation of cost savings projects from VAVE, Sourcing, and Plants. Perform monthly review of Cost Out Database with Division Continuous Improvement Manager for accuracy
- Complete monthly reporting. Reports may include variance reports, cost productivity, flex productivity, CONC for example
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Ensure that all accounting policies, procedures, and schedules are adhered to.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting and/or finance
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 3 years of accounting and/or finance experience within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in cost accounting, financial planning and/or forecasting.
- Experience working in other functions in a manufacturing environment (supply chain, marketing, engineering, etc).
- Experience with internal and external audits
- Experience with SAP
Position Success Criteria:
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ethical, operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of US GAAP
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time