Full Job Description
EAC Network seeks a Case Coordinator/Staff Mediator for the Long Island Dispute Resolution Centers (LIDRC) Program, located in Hauppauge, NY. The position is full time, Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM with excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Case Coordinator/Staff Mediator is responsible for the coordination of the LIDRC components/back-up support to the SDMC components and serve as a mediator, as needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform pre-hearing responsibilities, including intake, scheduling of hearings, contacting volunteers and securing hearing location.
- Explain and encourage the hearing process to prospective parties.
- Prepare and submit statistical reports and vouchers for the LIDRC components.
- Perform data-entry for the LIDRC components and ensure proper disposition of case files, assist with data-entry for SDMC components.
- Verify accuracy and keep track of data to be entered (such as clients name, clients address, case#, date of hearings) in case file, data-base and post-hearing paperwork.
- Maintain relationship with all volunteers and relevant individuals/organizations.
- Mediate as needed at designated locations, including Small Claims Court and Family Court.
- Coordinate schedules, maintain volunteer database, assist in ensuring quality assurance and conducting in-service trainings for volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree required (educational equivalent with experience will be considered). Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience required. Must have knowledge of conflict resolution practices. Certification in Basic Mediation preferred.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must have pleasant phone manner and excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- General travel for hearings, trainings, and meetings including an occasional overnight travel.