at Duolingo (View all jobs)
New York, NY
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that’s where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
Drive business development and partnerships for Duolingo.
Partnerships are a new and growing function at Duolingo. We’re seeking a business development leader to take a strategic, structured and proactive approach to growing our business through partnerships across markets and verticals. Join us to increase access to effective language learning education through strategic partnerships.
- Develop and communicate an effective strategy for partnerships
- Build compelling and quantifiable business cases for which partnerships to purse
- Negotiate and execute partnerships to grow Duolingo’s users and subscription business globally
- Manage our most important partners across verticals (app stores, telcos, payment providers, brand partners, etc.)
- Pursue high impact partnership opportunities across content, marketing, and other areas
- Explore expansion of Duolingo to new markets and platforms
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in fast paced entrepreneurial work environments
- 5+ years relevant work experience in across consulting, banking or business development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working closely with strategy, product and engineering colleagues
- Completed MBA degree from reputable university
- Target start date for this position is EOY Q’4 2021 or Q1′ 2022
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Partnerships experience at a leading tech platform or mobile consumer subscription service
- Proficiency in multiple languages
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.