Pulled from the full job description
Health savings account
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Employee assistance program
Opportunities for advancement
Full Job Description
AceInfo is currently seeking an Intern to support our federal project, in Kearneysville, WV.
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain real-life IT experience, earn a real-life paycheck, and get on the fast track to an IT career, look no further than the Ace Info Solutions Intern Program. This is a hands-on technical, on-the-job training position for candidates enrolled in Associate or Bachelor’s degree programs.
Paid internship position at the United States Coast Guard Operations Systems Center located in Kearneysville, WV.
Part-time: Typically 20-29 hours per week. Work days/hours can be flexible (within M-F normal business hours) to accommodate your academic schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The United States Coast Guard (USCG) Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber and Intelligence Service Center (C5ISC) Kearneysville Core Technology Services (CTS II) Contract has an opening for a Security Intern to join the Service Management Team. The Service Management Team supports IT infrastructure engineering and operations efforts across CTS, including:
- Holistic management of IT infrastructure capacity that includes processes and technology
- Report and dashboard creation and support for Key performance indicators (KPI) and metrics
- Report and dashboard creation and support for Capacity Management
- Business Analysis
- Onboarding of new business sytems
- End user support for CTS service offerings
- Issue escalation in coordination with technical and management staff
- Design and testing of services offered via the CTS Service Catalog
- Standard template/process creation and maintenance
- Security compliance tracking and reporting
- Security assessment and audit analysis and support
- Comprehensive OS STIG posture for 100% of currently supported servers through creation of STIG Checklists and Scorecards
- Creation and updates of technical specifications and business documentation
- Configuration and release management
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure STIG Score Cards are created, STIG rule exceptions documented.
- Work closely with Business system applications on STIG Exceptions, required documentation.
- Coordinate the updating/creation of STIG scorecards.
- Coordinate PaaS Engineering and Security team activities to include monthly COS update cycle, ensuring STIG exceptions are placed within the server compliance automation process, and prioritization of STIG remediation.
- Document and track PaaS image updates
- Assist in tracking PaaS vulnerability mitigation
- Assist in tracking PaaS STIG analysis and mitigation
- Assist with the collection and provision of PaaS audit/assessment artifacts
- Facilitate and participate in PaaS Image technical working groups
- Provide PaaS image standards instruction and feedback
- Provide CTS Server Services assistance as needed
- Ensure adherence to CM processes and reporting standards
- Ensure adherence to Project Management and CCB guidelines
- Provide input for process improvement and standardization
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program.
- Security + Certification required. Certification may be obtained while undergoing background investigation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment
- Self starter who can think ahead
- Proficiency with the MS Office tool suite
- Proficiency in spreadsheet data manipulation and presentation building
- Strong customer service and consultation skills
U.S. Citizenship is required for the position. Candidate must successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation to obtain a government granted security clearance.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
We are a trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants management.
The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth.
What you’ll get…
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs, we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals – we’ve got you covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs, company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and have your voice heard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.