Product Data Specialist I
Date: Oct 29, 2021
Location: Colmar, PA, US
Company: Dorman Products
The Product Data Specialist is responsible for managing the core data processes and enhancing/implementing systems to facilitate the accurate and timely communication of product data to internal and external customers. Ensure high level of data quality and compliance with industry standards.
- Process Support
- Develop expert knowledge of Product Data systems and processes.
- Accept ownership of the assigned processes. Identify, develop and implement process improvements to better position product data in customer systems in order to drive more sales.
- Develop detailed process documentation.
- Work with other departments to ensure seamless integration with company-wide processes.
- Manage customer expectations through effective communication
- Data Management
- Develop a working knowledge of industry formats and standards, including ACES and PIES.
- Become an expert on company product data and work with other internal departments to establish and manage timelines for product data rollouts.
- Understand cross-company data flows and dependencies
- Participate in data management activities: validation, uploads, audits
- Manage and continuously improve the product data export process for our strategic customer and industry electronic catalog providers in their specified formats.
- Analyze complex core data processes and apply best-practices to achieve significant business results.
- Project Support
- Manage small and medium size projects.
- Represent Product Data team in company-wide project
- Effectively prioritize, follow-up, and meet deadlines with multiple tasks and projects.
- Manage stakeholder expectations through effective communication
- Share knowledge and experience aggressively throughout the organization
- Application Support
- Maintain system settings and rights, including users, groups and roles.
- Create and provide user training for various software, tools and systems.
- Utilize product data expertise to enhance system architecture.
- Provide Product Information Management and Catalog system level assistance to users including troubleshooting user, system and data integrity issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in the Aftermarket Automotive industry is strongly preferred.
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- Experience and proven success in developing corporate, customer and product marketing
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) required
- Travel as required to view competitive marketing activities and attend trade shows, customer meetings and seminars to keep up-to-date with the latest techniques and implement them as required.
- Physical Requirement: Capability to lift 20 pounds.
- Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach, swivel, carry items from one building to another, and speak and actively listen. Noise level is usually moderate.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university (MIS, Computer Science, or Related)
- 0-2 years related experience with a focus on operational improvement activities or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia