Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
The Business Systems Analyst – HR is responsible for supporting and enhancing the applications that are used for HR and Payroll business processes. Supporting and enhancing these systems involves creating and managing the functional deliverables of the software development life cycle (e.g. process flows, requirements, functional designs, etc.) and coordinating with various IT and business stakeholders to get system changes implemented. Business Systems Analyst should possess analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively gather requirements, identify and qualify alternatives, design efficient solutions and coordinate with technical team to deploy changes to production.
In addition, the Business Systems Analyst will follow ITIL processes/Agile methodology to monitor and respond to application incidents and requests.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for HR business stakeholders around prioritization, coordination and escalation of projects, enhancements and issues related to SuccessFactors, SAP and other HR applications.
- Execute and manage functional tasks and deliverables of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including process definition and reengineering, high and detailed-level requirements gathering, fit/gap analysis, functional design, testing, training, reporting, support, and continuous improvement of business applications
- Attend business process review meetings with subject matter experts to refine business processes to maximize business efficiency
- Partner with project stakeholders across the business and IT by analyzing all requirements to formulate business specifications and translate those into application functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
- Create high-level functional designs that are accurately documented and mapped to business or architectural requirements and communicate those designs to the technical development teams.
- Functional configuration of software systems such as SuccessFactors, SAP, UltiPro and others to support Dolby’s People processes
- Document and execute system, performance, and user-acceptance test plans to ensure that the system changes are error-free and meet the approved requirements and designs.
- Coordinate with onsite and offshore development teams (as appropriate) in order to support the execution of prioritized projects and enhancements
- Assist project team members with project scope, estimates and detailed work plans
- Monitor Incident and Service Request support queues, and execute operational support tasks
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Business-related field required
- Minimum 2 years experience working in application support and implementations covering requirements gathering, system design, configuration/development, functional testing, go live and support
- Understanding of application integration concepts and information flow between applications
- Experience working in IT Application Support and adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Service Level Objectives (SLO)
- Demonstrated ability to organize information and processes in a logical and efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to Stakeholders
Dolby will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, and Administrative Code, Article 12
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We are committed to making employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.