Full Job Description
The Walt Disney Company’s Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company that is responsible for all content monetization and distribution, and oversees the operations of the Company’s streaming services, domestic broadcast, and cable television networks as well as Content Sales and Other pillars. DMED brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams, with the goal of expanding the footprint of Disney’s world-class content and beloved brands and delivering highly personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world. DMED works in close collaboration with Disney’s Studio, General Entertainment, and Sports content creation teams.
DMED Content Sales & Other Finance team is responsible for the overall financial planning and consolidation of the portfolio of global businesses including Theatrical distribution, Home Entertainment, Content licensing, and Music. Our role is to gain a deep understanding of each business, manage the overall consolidation and financial planning process for Five-Year Plan / AOP / Forecast, and provide insightful analysis and recommendations to DMED CS&O Executive leadership.
The role represents a unique opportunity to provide diverse financial expertise and to interact with various finance and operational teams within the DMED Segment (domestically and internationally) as well as with other corporate functions.
The role will join the DMED Content Sales and Other Finance Team. The role requires the ability to multi-task across numerous responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Support and coordinate Global Content Sales Forecasts, AOPs and Five Year Plans, across global Theatrical, Home Entertainment, Content Licensing and Music businesses
- Support Content Sales system integrated excel models used for P&L consolidation and corresponding cash flow planning across all lines of business
- Ensure consistency, accuracy and transparency of financial reporting and timely delivery of consolidated financials to meet internal and external deadlines
- Interact and collaborate with business partners including Content Sales teams, Segment FP&A, international regions, Controllership, Financial Reporting, Corp FP&A, and Treasury, etc.
- Proactively drive enhancement of financial systems design and reporting, and excel based financial consolidation tools to facilitate accurate and timely reporting
- Identify process improvements and provide meaningful recommendations on efficiencies and FP&A best practices
- Develop tools and KPI’s to better manage overhead, marketing, direct expense and headcount
- Assist with creating engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, including special projects at the request of senior management, such as:
- Margin, APR, F/X analysis, Overhead cost
- Regional growth, benchmarking, what-if, breakeven and trend analysis related to current business, alternative distribution scenarios, potential new technologies analysis
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls and processes
- 3+ years of related work experience, preferably with a media/entertainment, technology, or start-up environment preferred
- Basic understanding of GAAP accounting, Tax and Audit principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access) and reporting applications. Expert level in Excel.
- Excellent relationship building skills and customer-focused
- Strong problem solving, project management, and time management skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment, with a track record of critically evaluating strategic concepts and financial assumptions. Ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to persuasively present complex business issues and solutions clearly, and concisely, and communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully, and translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making.
- Ability to have excellent attention to detail, while also being able to see the “big picture”
- Experience managing several projects concurrently and managing project portfolio
- Proactive and possess a hands-on, collaborative working style. Takes initiative
- Creative problem solver
- High tolerance for ambiguity and working in a matrixed organization
- Ability to multi-task and deploy resources efficiently
- Flexibility and ability to anticipate change and respond to priorities with agility
- Results-oriented with a high standard for quality and performance, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work well in teams, both within the group and also with other business units
- Proficiency in Cognos/TM1 preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or related/quantitative field of study required
- CPA and/or MBA preferred