Job ID: 2163305
As a leader in entertainment, we understand the power of possibilities. As we move into a bright future, we’ll achieve our mission of aggregating, curating, and delivering entertainment with our exceptional and innovative services. You can be part of that future. Employees are our greatest resource, and the essence of what makes DIRECTV extraordinary. To achieve our mission, we need diverse, passionate people who care, challenge and deliver to leave a positive mark on entertainment.
DIRECTV has a virtual first culture so you will spend most of your time working remotely with key opportunities to meet in person with leaders and your team through-out the year. Your benefit package will be best in class with a variety of wellness benefits, a 7% 401k match and family leave options. You will have plenty of time to enjoy life outside of work with 23 days of paid time-off in addition to 9 paid holidays.
What part will you play?
As a member of our team, you will design and develop world-class communications and programs for Corporate Social Responsibility and Environment, Social and Governance work. You will work on proactive and reactive campaigns. We are building these from the ground up so you will be able to influence and lead this effort. Do you have what it takes to help us make the world a better place for our employees, customers and communities?
How do we describe our best employees?
Agile, adaptable, clear, consistent, curious, empathetic, honest, humble, hungry and proactive
Do you have what it takes?
- You have strong communications and problem-solving skills
- You are a good leader with outstanding facilitation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work across functional lines
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- You succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with a “everything has a solution” mindset and a fearless “go-getter” attitude
- You can wear many hats and juggle many balls simultaneously
What you’ll do:
- Strong background in delivering results in CSR and ESG development
- Write, develop, and strategize our citizenship and sustainability communications
- Responsible for building, promoting and protecting DIRECTV’s reputation
- Make decisions on important public relations reactive/proactive stories, narratives, content, strategies and storylines
- Lead community impact projects and develop action planning and communications
- Make strategic plans, content development, media relations, video and digital asset creation, social media, news site placement and content development and employee communications
- Work on complex problems of diverse scope requiring detailed analysis of unique factors
Here’s what you’ll need:
- BA degree Communications/Public Relations or related field
- A knowledge of DIRECTV products, functions, video industry and service policies and procedures
- 5 – 8 years of experience in a related field
Still not convinced? Meet the leader of the team!
- Jon Greer is an Assistant Vice President of Communications and Public Relations. He’s current leading our communications team, transforming our communication culture with internal and external communications. Jon is leading DIRECTV’s Citizenship and Sustainability effort and brand engagement to build, promote and protect DIRECTV’s reputation.
Learn more about Jon at:https://www.linkedin.com/in/jon-greer/
Our Citizenship & Sustainability, Lead Program Manager will earn between $84,900-$169,800 yearly. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at DIRECTV offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.