Job ID: 9473
Dewberry is currently seeking qualified applicants to fulfill the role of Entry Level Sustainability Planner in their Parsippany, NJ Environmental office. The position will be to assist with Dewberry sustainability program development, sustainability planning and reporting for our clients, and environmental impact studies including NEPA/SEQRA/CEQR, and state environmental documents for urban infrastructure planning.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Duties may include:
- Conducting extensive research, data collection, analysis and the preparation of written technical documentation pertaining to land use, policy, demographics, hazard risk and vulnerability, transportation and transit, among others.
- Conducting community and stakeholder engagement activities associated with various planning and engineering projects. These activities can include stakeholder identification and contact information collection, letter/invitation/announcement drafting and mass mailing, presentation development and delivery, outreach material creation, mapping, press release development and various other media outreach creation.
- Assisting with planning and facilitating meetings, workshops, and open houses.
- Coordinating between federal, state, and local officials; community groups; academia; private sector; and public stakeholders in developing plans.
- Developing graphics and templates associated with written plans and reports.
- Creating and maintaining databases in Excel and Access formats.
- Emission reduction and decarbonization studies and recommendations.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- BS or MS in planning, environmental studies or a related field.
- 0-2 years planning experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus.
In accordance with applicable Executive Order 14042 and related requirements, all prospective hires for this position, performing work for the federal government, will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or qualify for an exemption to this vaccination requirement. Such proof of vaccination, or written request for exemption, will be required, following receipt of written offer.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Only recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.