Data Scientist, Operations Decision Science
UNITED STATES, GEORGIA, ATLANTA
REF #: 4168
LINKEDIN TAG: #LI-LG2
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
The Operations Analysis & Performance (OAP) team at Delta provides analytical support across all major operations areas of the company. OAP’s newly formed decision science team seeks a data science analytics leader to take on developing insights, models and solutions aimed at continually improving airline performance and decision making.
An appropriate candidate will have a proven experience in data model building, optimization, machine learning techniques and other analytics solution building. The candidate should have excellent organizational and communication skills and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment. The role will support the delivery of an analytics transformation at Delta Air Lines.
- Identify and develop high-impact insights and data models
- Develop optimization solutions for complex business problems (large network based environment)
- Inspire and execute data analytics transformation at Delta Air Lines
- Partner with Information Technology to optimize and enhance the database environment for optimal efficiency and best practices
- Provide technical leadership to the Delta’s business units
- Leverage emerging technologies and identify efficient and meaningful ways to disseminate data and analysis in order to satisfy the business’ needs
- Mentor junior members in technical proficiency and business acumen
- Lead complex process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives.
- Interface with business unit leaders to develop and maintain internal customer relationships
- Practices safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Proficiency in working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Proficiency in Data Model building (Python, R, SAS and other machine learning platform)
- Proficiency in deep learning technique/platform
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience (PH. D or Master’s degree preferred)
- Working knowledge of API Consumption preferred
- Working knowledge of simulation experience preferred
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and prioritizations skills