Data Engineer, Operations Decision Science
UNITED STATES, GEORGIA, ATLANTA
REF #: 7260
LINKEDIN TAG: #LI-TY
HOW YOU’LL HELP US KEEP CLIMBING (OVERVIEW & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES)
Ops Decision Science team seeks a data engineering analytics leader to take on developing data-driven solutions aimed at continually improving airline performance and decision making.
An appropriate candidate will have technical knowledge of BI systems design, big data architecture and technology landscape, API consumption, ETL/ELT orchestration, business intelligence tools. The candidate should have excellent organizational and communication skills and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, implement data engineering solutions (e.g. locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in reporting, analysis, and statistical modeling to drive continuous improvement)
- Define and execute the data engineering roadmap (e.g. establish an operational data lake and a real-time reporting environment for the operations)
- Partner with Information Technology to optimize and enhance the database environment for optimal efficiency and best practices
- Provide technical leadership to the Delta’s business units
- Leverage emerging technologies and identify efficient and meaningful ways to disseminate data and analysis in order to satisfy the business’ needs
- Mentor junior members in technical proficiency and business acumen
- Lead complex process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives.
- Interface with business unit leaders to develop and maintain internal customer relationships
- Practices safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Proficiency in SQL (CTE, window functions, temporal data)
- Proficiency in Python
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Working knowledge of statistical/machine learning tools (e.g. SAS,R, TensorFlow) preferred
- Working knowledge of “Big Data” solutions such as Hadoop, NoSQL, MapReduce, etc preferred
- Working knowledge of API Consumption preferred
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, organizational, and prioritizations skills
- Must be able to interact and collaborate at all levels within Operations Analysis & Performance, OCC, cross-divisional working groups, and outside entities
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position