Think a Big Four career is just spreadsheets, gray suits, and corporate profits? Look again. Deloitte’s full-service Marketing Excellence (ME) organization is seeking collaborative creatives, skillful strategists, and public relations masterminds to lead our businesses in exciting new directions.
If you’re an external communications professional who sees the world differently, finds opportunity where others don’t, and keeps a pulse on the next big trends, then become our partner in growth. Together we’ll discover new ways to transform out-of-the-box ideas into measurable business results for our clients and our company. If you’re ready to make an impact, apply to join our ME team.
Deloitte’s Marketing Excellence team combines the power of Deloitte’s brand with the most inspired marketing and communications techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients. We also execute with agility and measurable performance through best-of-breed solutions, centralization of key information and operations, and optimization of data, tools, people, and process.
As a Markets PR Manager, you will:
- Work with the Managing Partners across a portfolio of markets to drive and position Deloitte thoughtware, studies, research, and other materials with local media outlets.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to drive external communication objectives and programs designed to strategically position Deloitte across multiple markets.
- Drive external eminence for Deloitte through proactively pitching stories positioning the firm, senior leadership, and other local leaders as valuable media sources on specific topics.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and provide strategic external communications counsel to senior leadership.
- Serve as a key media contact and be responsible for enhancing and cultivating relationships with local media in multiple markets.
- Prepare spokespeople and local leaders for media interviews and speaking engagements by providing refresher media training as appropriate. Facilitate and coordinate media training for spokespeople when required.
- Employ strong project management skills and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, consistently delivering high quality results.
- Manage external PR agency resources.
- 10+ years of related experience in public relations, with a focus on external communications strategy and planning, media relations, and social media.
- Deep understanding of integrated external communications strategies and tactics and how they come together to provide measurable results.
- Team-oriented approach with ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet client expectations and deadlines across multiple projects.
- Ability to interact and communicate across a variety of stakeholder groups (technical subject matter experts to business owners), with ability to present complex information in easily understandable format and tailored to the audience.
- Strong persuasive skills and able to gain consensus through influence.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills; flexibility and adaptability.
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization with a virtual team, experience in large corporate setting and/or professional services a plus.
- Ability to think both strategically and execute tactically.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, English, or related business field; advanced degrees preferred.
- Travel up to 10% (while travel of up to 10% is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.