Full Job Description
Do you have a nose for recognizing and managing risk as an organization takes on new business and projects? Is one of your strengths investigating and researching to find potential issues? Then our Conflicts team is looking for talent like you!
Work You’ll Do
- Search various databases for existing client relationships that may be in conflict with a new proposal.
- Search web sites for information about corporate affiliations (such as parent/subsidiary).
- Apply judgment to design effective database searches and to distinguish relevant search results from those that are irrelevant. Accumulate the search results, and communicate the search results to the proposal team.
- Assist US proposal teams in performing an international conflict check with the applicable foreign Member Firms.
- For a DTTL proposal, prepare and circulate a conflict check message to the affected U.S. personnel, monitor the responses received, and independently or in consultation with a manager, follow up and coordinate with LCSPs to obtain resolution of potential conflicts of interest, and communicate the resolution to the foreign Member Firm.
The Risk & Brand Protection teams are strategic enablers of growth by proactively identifying and managing quality, risk, professional conflicts of interest, and other business risks that Deloitte faces in the marketplace. On a broader scale, Risk & Brand Protection protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation by helping our senior executives identify, assess, manage, and respond to top-tier risks and crises or incidents that could undermine the firm’s brand and reputation.
- Knowledgeable of the regulatory bodies (SEC/AICPA/PCAOB) and their role in the accounting profession
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, prior exposure to international business correspondence a plus
- Solid knowledge of world’s geography
- Excellent data-entry skills and attention to detail
- Self-directed, adaptable to changes in the work environment/rules/directions
- Occasional overtime may be required during peak periods.
- Recent recipients of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields are also encouraged to apply.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.’
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.