D.C. United is seeking an experienced, highly motivated partnership & sponsorship (B2B) sales professional with proven successes, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and consultative approach to take on a director of partnership sales role. Primary responsibility will be new revenue generation using the full range of Club and Stadium inventory to find, identify, develop and close new opportunities. Sports property or industry experiences are preferred but not necessarily required.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for prospecting, conducting sales meetings and presentations selling complex sponsorship assets that include on-site signage, event digital platforms, media, and experiential space packages
- Ability to negotiate and prepare contract terms of partnerships with input from finance and legal teams
- Achieve sponsorship sales revenue goals and maximize the sale of fully integrated sponsorships in all major categories; Meet corporate and department management objectives
- Responsible for keeping sales management updated on progress toward established revenue goals and of the progress in closing identified prospects. Uses department CRM system to track sales activity and client contact information
- Participate in the partnership renewal process while working to achieve and meet department goals
- Collaborate with marketing and sales leaders to execute partnership programs and integrated campaigns; Implement development strategies to continually engage partners in our business
- Plan and execute partnership and sponsorship pitch presentations and proposals to new and existing clients
- Work closely with Event Operations and Brand Engagement Team to ensure successful execution of deal points
- Effectively build and sustain strong partner relationships
Your Background, Skills, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate sponsorship, media sales, premium sales, or account management experience, preferably within sports, with 2 years of sales experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & CRM
- Understanding of social media marketing and the digital space
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, collaboration, and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to collaborate, influence, and build positive relationships within a multitude of business environments
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and efficiently lead and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule as evening and weekend work may be required
- Spanish speaker is a plus
D.C. United is committed to uplifting our community, staff, and club. We are seeking candidates to be a part of our journey in our quest for continued organizational growth and another MLS Cup.
D.C. United is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). D.C. United reaffirms its commitment to the principles of equal opportunity and diversity. D.C. United is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. D.C. United is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, pregnancy, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws. Employment decisions can include hiring, termination, compensation, benefits, promotion, training selection, or other statuses or conditions of employment. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, job performance, and other appropriate qualifications.