It’s a new day in healthcare!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna’s Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
• Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
• Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
• Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
• Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems, utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
• Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
• Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
• Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
• Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
• Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
• 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
• Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to present information to various audiences.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
• Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
• Master’s degree preferred.