With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
In collaboration with Sales and Medical Affairs, the Product Manager is accountable for overall sales, market share and management of the assigned brand. Primary responsibilities include participation in the strategic planning process; development of the annual marketing plan; development, execution, and evaluation of strategies and tactics for all customer targets. Accountable for production and sales forecasts, product life cycle, Advertising and Promotion budget and, in collaboration with Medical Affairs and Public Relations, development of relationships with external consultants (e.g., publication planning agencies, medical education agencies, public relations agencies) and advertising agencies.
· Plays key role in the annual marketing plans and participants in the development of the strategic plan for the assigned brand. Annual plan development is based on effective market definition/segmentation, an understanding of relevant customer needs, a thorough analysis of market data, and identification of critical market trends and opportunities.
· Under the direction of their manager, develops and executes all growth and brand strategies, including programs that target health care professionals. Gains management approval by presenting detailed tactical plans prior to implementation of programs. Leads all aspects of tactical implementation, including timelines, creation and medical-legal-regulatory approval of promotional materials, and training of internal stakeholders and field sales professionals. Gains management approval for promotional materials in advance by reviewing and presenting creative briefs.
· Assumes overall advertising and promotion budget accountability. Works with finance and their manager to monitor spending against budget/forecast. Reports budget results in a timely manner. Works with finance to develop projections for both production and sales forecasts. Responsible for inputs into product life-cycle management.
· Under the guidance of their manager, evaluates effectiveness of strategies and tactics, including development of program success metrics, evaluation criteria, and feedback mechanisms. Accountable for program life-cycle management and return-on-investment analysis.
· Interacts with key internal stakeholders to ensure strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of critical business objectives. Key internal stakeholders include medical, research and development, finance, global, regulatory, sales, corporate accounts, sales training, and manufacturing. Works closely with field based professionals (National Account Managers, Sales Representatives and Medical Science Liaisons) to ensure the execution of tactics are aligned with brand strategies.
· Assists manager with the evaluation and development of selection criteria for external agency partners; develops, manages and maintains effective agency relationships.
· Participates as an active member of the therapeutic area marketing team, which is functionally responsible for the overall management and direction of the entire franchise including new pipeline products.
· Develops relationships with key external customers (to include Health Care Providers, Channel Partners, and Patient Groups) in order to maintain a thorough understanding of current market conditions. Effectively manages changes in market conditions related to brand strategy and tactics while communicating potential market impact to Sr. Management.
BS/BA, MBA preferred
Minimum 2-4 years relevant health care experience (can include biologics, medical device or pharmaceuticals) in sales, marketing or related experience that should include 1-2 years product management experience. Strong marketing acumen with a solid grasp of marketing strategy, market research, segmentation, brand positioning, and tactical plan development.
Experience applying market research with an understanding of relevant pharmaceutical marketing tools effective within the respective region
Worker Sub Type: