Full Job Description
Assistant Executive Director / Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Looking for an exciting professional level leadership position?
Advance your career at CP Nassau! Join our Team & Make a Difference!
- Paid Vacations, Personal and Sick Time
- Free Health Insurance
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free Employee Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
Prerequisite skills for success:
- A high level of passion.
- Ability to be succinct.
- Extensive written and verbal communication skills.
- Talent at conflict resolution.
- Capacity to communicate a clear understanding of our mission, vision, and values.
- Possess a sense of humor and ability to handle/tolerate company’s dysfunctional quotient.
- Demonstrated experience and background in non-profit operations.
- Minimum 10 years administrative experience including responsibilities and duties of the nature and scope required by the Association.
- Advance degree in human service, business, or management field preferred.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Interact with Executive Director providing information in a timely manner.
- Serve as policy advisor to the Executive Director, professional and lay advisory groups.
- Learn by immergence the complexities of the Organization.
- Supervise various Senior Managers.
- Identify and implement training needs for various levels of management.
- Directly or by delegation, employ and supervise staff to provide training and leadership for the staff.
- Conduct regular and periodic meetings with staff for the purpose of policy interpretation, communication and overall directions of services and activities.
- Schedule interdepartmental and departmental meetings, regularly and where appropriate.
- Work directly with stakeholders, Board members, community, and legislative leaders.
- Responsible, with the CEO, to formalize strategic planning processes to include all stakeholders.
- Evaluate and identify best practices, deficiencies, corrective actions and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement processes and outcomes, including the development of procedures for data collection.
- Plan, manage and coordinate multiple projects and ensure project initiatives and timelines are met.
- Along with Executive Director and CFO comprise budgets and perform regular reviews.
- Review and approve personnel changes and evaluations of staff.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving policies, procedures, and legislative trends in the healthcare field.
Email your resume.
The Cerebral Palsy Association of Nassau County (CP Nassau) is a nonprofit, multi-faceted health agency serving over 1,500 children and adults with cerebral palsy, developmental and other disabilities. CP Nassau has been assisting individuals with disabilities since 1948.
Reach your potential as we help our consumers reach theirs – with a career at CP Nassau. Our positions are competitively compensated, with comprehensive benefits. We look forward to meeting you!
Visit our website to learn more: www.cpnassau.org
Cerebral Palsy of Nassau County
“Making a Difference for Individuals with disabilities since 1948”
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Multiple Locations