$75,000 – $80,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
Supervising Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
conflict resolution: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Senior Director of Conflict Resolution & Training will strategically and operationally lead all programs within our Mediation Division.
- Develop, maintain quality and oversee implementation of all mediation and conflict resolution services.
- Develop and oversee the program budgets and work closely with the agency’s fiscal department.
- Direct supervision of the mediation personnel within an open and supportive environment.
- Work in collaboration with the leadership and executive team to make strategic decisions and implement operations on program development, expansion, quality control and recruitment of mediators, volunteers, interns and staff.
- Manage and oversee the NYS Office of Court Administration, NYC Mayors Office of Criminal Justice and other funded conflict resolution/mediation services and projects.
- Meet regularly with staff to coordinate efforts within the division and with other CMS programs.
- Responsible for record keeping and reporting of all program requirements.
- Implement effective recruitment strategies and oversee apprenticeship programs.
- Act as primary liaison and program advocate with the community, courts and funding agencies to assure professional quality relationships.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with local officials, governmental personnel and institutions in the furtherance of development, case management and the recruitment of volunteer mediators.
- Collaborate with CMS leadership on projects, special events and other activities designed to further the mission of the agency.
Responsible for providing Community Mediation Services trainings and assist the CEO to identify revenue streams by offering a professional suite of effective communication and conflict resolution trainings to external clients and staff.
· Facilitate conflict resolution trainings for a wide variety of clients including community partners, teachers, students and employees of for-profit and non-profit organizations.
· Support the implementation of CMS’ Basic Mediation Training, Advanced Mediation Training and the Mediation Apprenticeship Program.
· Provide oversight for logistical operations for fee-based trainings, with support of the entire Mediation and Training Team.
· Develop and implement training expansion plan, which includes both revenue growth strategy and increased offerings for clients in target communities.
· Provide evaluation and curriculum development support for all CMS trainings, including specialized program area trainings.
· Offer internal training support to staff as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
We have implemented a Covid Protection Policy designed to help keep staff and clients safe. Details provided during interviews.
- Have you been trained in mediation, restorative justice and/or other models of conflict resolution? If so, please identify those experiences.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- conflict resolution: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19