Full Job Description
JOB DESCRIPTION – Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Community Capacity Development (CCD) is a groundbreaking nonprofit organization whose demonstrated service methodology saves lives and builds communities. By operationalizing the evidence-based Human
Justice Model, CCD is a co-architect of the “Crisis Management System” spearheading mediation interventions in New York City and leading the violence interruption movement nationwide.
CCD is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and requires all its staff members to foster and promote its values. Therefore, CCD is looking to hire an HR Administrative Assistant with outstanding administrative and communication skills. This position will provide administrative support to the department towards fulfilling the HR and the organization’s mission. The HR Administrative Assistant will work within a wide range of HR functions, including benefits administration, recruitment, employment policy implementation. The candidate is expected to be a conceptual thinker with superb organizational
HRIS database management and employment law compliance. In addition, the HR Administrative
Assistant will report to and work closely with the Director of Human Resources to carry out HR policies and procedures.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, have strong decision-making skills, understand employee relationships, organizational culture, staffing management, payroll, benefits administration, and impeccable discretion. In addition, the top candidate must be efficient in scheduling and understand basic HR-related tasks.
- Maintaining digital and electronic records of employees.
- Assisting with the recruitment process, pre-screening candidates, and performing reference checks.
- Assisting with the onboarding process: coordinating New Hire Orientation, creating employee files, updating internal employee records, assisting with IT setup, and coordinating/communicating onboarding schedule with appropriate individuals.
- Overseeing the completion of compensation and benefit documentation.
- Assisting with performance management procedures.
- Provide accurate and timely reports on issues relating to HR, facility surveys, and other administrative needs.
- Scheduling HR meetings, interviews, and events and maintaining calendars.
- Coordinating training sessions and seminars.
- Participating in job recruitment fairs.
- Completing termination paperwork and scheduling exit interviews.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest HR policies and best practices.
- Assisting the General Counsel with administrative tasks and special projects.
- Assisting in special projects relating to HR, Org Development/Internal Comms, IT, Office Management as needed.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested by the HR Director.
- Associate Degree in Human Resources and/or Business Administration and/or related (essential).
- 3-5 years of nonprofit experience preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience as an HR Assistant or related office environment (essential).
- 1-2 years of experience using Paychex HR Solutions
- Proficiency in Federal, State, and Local labor policy and employment equity regulations
- Practical people management skills.
- Basic understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, Google, and related business and communication tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- A willingness to learn.
- High ethical standards and the ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Full Time.
CCD is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Work Location: One location