Responsible for generating new season ticket and group sales revenue from individual consumers and members of the Central Ohio business community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals for both renewal and new business as established by management.
- Identify and target potential season ticket and group outing customers.
- Identify needs of each customer and present them with customized solutions utilizing the full menu of Columbus Blue Jackets ticket products.
- Execute a required number of proactive and personal touch points with assigned customers throughout the year, including but not limited to personal outbound phone calls, personal e-mail correspondence, in-office visits and interaction at games and events.
- Build value and increase customer loyalty by exceeding expectations, anticipating needs and providing ‘wow’ moments through unique, memorable and personalized experiences at Columbus Blue Jackets games and events at Nationwide Arena.
- Become an expert on the ticket products and services offered by the Columbus Blue Jackets and Nationwide Arena to provide timely information and resolution to customer concerns and issues.
- Maintain complete and updated profiles on all assigned accounts and prospects through consistent database reporting.
- Work cooperatively with and alongside the Ticket Service and Retention team to ensure a smooth account transition process for full season ticket accounts once a new sale is complete.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers; builds rapport and establishes trust; asks questions to discover client business needs; presents solutions that meet customer objectives; manages and documents sales process.
- Achievement Focus – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge including exhibiting a proven track record of personal sales success in selling products of similar nature and price point to individual consumers and corporate decision makers; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability – Commits to the hours of work necessary to reach goals, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Sports Management or business-related field is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, climb stairs, walk and sit.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Golden Rule is the foundation on which the Columbus Blue Jackets were built. To be world class and professional in everything we do, our culture compels us to treat each other, partners and fans the way we would want to be treated. Our employees are honest and hard-working. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and that we couldn’t do the work we do without them. Everybody has a role to play and without each role, there can be no whole.
We are good citizens
We recognize we are more than just a company or a hockey team, we are partners in our community. In addition to the incredible work of the Columbus Blue Jackets Foundation, our employees are community-minded and dedicated to being good citizens. We not only give back monetarily, but even more importantly, we give back with our time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.