The Human Resources and Operations Associate supports the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Finance, Operations and Alumni Relations. He/she/they will schedule and coordinate meetings, work closely with human resources and other medical center and University offices assisting the AVP with the full suite of HR responsibilities, including report preparation. He/she/they will also work with members of the VPS OOD Finance and Operations team assisting with invoice processing, purchase orders, vendor payments and other finance-related tasks.
- Serve as the Department’s liaison with Human Resources; support internal and external inquiries related to HR requests; compile and maintain paper and digital employee records including timesheets and performance reviews; support HR-related training programs, workshops and seminars; vet candidates, coordinate logistics for new hires as well as departing employees; organize and support communications for HR events and meetings; maintain updated Department policy library of HR related processes. – 40%
- Serve as the Department’s secondary resource for Purchasing, Accounts Payable, IT Services and other related University service groups. Process invoices, expense reports, check requests, and purchase orders; coordinate vendor management requests; work with Purchasing to execute venue and event contracts; ensure compliance with University policies. – 20%
- Support the AVP by scheduling and coordinating meetings, managing calendars, and preparing agendas and meeting materials. – 20%
- Support the AVP and VPS OOD in matters related to gift processing working with VPS OOD staff and the University Office of Alumni and Development – 10%
- Prepare HR and Financial reports and conduct research – 5%
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. – 5%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus three years of related experience.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, Salesforce and Qualtrics software.
- HR and Finance experience in a health care setting.
- Detail-oriented, with superior written and organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize a variety of complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with confidential matters and sensitive data.
- Ability to prepare HR and financial reports.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively, independently and as a team, in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Strong customer service orientation with a deep commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Ability to convey complex policy, procedures, and compliance information effectively and diplomatically.
- Adept at problem solving and using judgment in situations requiring initiative and tact.
- High level of self-confidence, creativity, enthusiasm, engagement, self-motivation, willingness to be innovative and energy to undertake diverse responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).