Travel Required?: Travel – up to 10% of time
Do you want to be part of a team that is building a future to smile about? What about having the opportunity to connect with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions?
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
Colgate-Palmolive invites applications for the position of Global Employee Relations Manager. You will be working in the Global People Relations Team collaborating with the Director. This position is based in Piscataway, New Jersey.
This position will have responsibility (but not limited) to:
Employee Relations (ER) Program Design & Development: Independently own the design, development and execution of global programs, ensuring their timely and effective delivery while applying strategic proposals to iterate and scale those programs to our growing global businesses. Explore opportunities for standardization of process, policy etc, where appropriate.
- Employee Relations Case Management. Optimally own the timely investigation and disposition of ER matters and provide mentorship and advice to the HR community and key partners on critical, sophisticated scenarios.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Work to understand new, evolving and outstanding ER challenges trough the organization and utilize ER expertise to identify issues, predict and mitigate risk and develop and execute ER programs for the business. Advise, mentor and guide all levels of management around complex ER decisions, e.g.: business conduct, performance management, terminations, and HR policies, guidelines and practices. Support the GPR strategy & Employee Relations practices across the organization, while ensuring consistency and standardization in our policies & practices.
- Culture & Change Champion: Proactively identify and analyze data to identify global ER trends and patterns that will assist the HRBPs in their strategic work with leadership to create a unique and compelling culture. Develop action plans and recommend interventions to effectively address issues, where appropriate and in close partnership with Global People Development & Global People Analytics. Demonstrate an organisational change approach through identification of opportunities to enhance the employee experience through process improvement and refinement of services; offer potential solutions to drive greater partner satisfaction. Actively engage in change to drive successful execution. Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices.
- Analytics and Measurement: Analyze key results to uncover trends and root causes that advise program design, mitigation efforts, and proactive engagement efforts. Use data to establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators to ensure programs realize intended values. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data from multiple sources including employee feedback mechanisms to identify trends and insight that can be used to advise business decision making to ensure positive employee relations. Strengthen the employer-employee relationship through identifying and resolving workplace issues, measuring employee satisfaction, fulfillment and engagement.
- Trusted Voice: Develop a keen understanding of the voice/pulse of our workforce. Combine data and anecdotes to develop perspective. Ensure perspective is at the forefront of proposed solutions. Redefine and advocate on behalf of our employees, creating new standards and mechanisms that solve for root cause.
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge the status quo and think creatively to generate creative ways to scale ER programs, tools and resources that meet timelines and results.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with business and HR leaders and other critical partners to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to design and deliver ER programming and projects. Key interfaces include Global: Legal, Labor Relations, People Development, Learning, People Analytics, Benefits & HR Business Partner community.
- Project Management: Independently own large scale, network-wide projects for the global ER team that improve employee experience.
- Partner with Global Learning to enhance ER related training for managers/leaders and to provide key learning updates for HRBPs.
- Continually deliver a trusted ER brand known to employees as a place where their voices are heard and acted on accordingly.
- Deliver a first class employee experience to all partners through effective collaboration and communication.
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Human Resources or Psychology preferred.
- 7+ years direct experience in HR employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law
The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to assess sensitive and sophisticated employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated consultative, credibility assessment and investigative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders advised.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.