Environmental Intern- Summer 2022
Date: Sep 13, 2021
Country: Plattsburgh, 5192, US, 12901
Subsidiary: Barrett Industries
Upstone Materials, Inc. is part of Barrett Industries, a construction industry leader operating primarily in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. Upstone is the leading manufacturer of aggregates, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete in northeastern New York, with three large quarries, four hot mix asphalt plants, seven ready mix locations, along with dozens of sand and gravel pits. Since 2017, Upstone’s mission has been to strengthen and grow by empowering our people, fostering innovation, and utilizing new technology. Barrett Industries is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, a worldwide leader in infrastructure construction and maintenance. Our company provides competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Under the supervision of the Enviornmental Coordinator, duties will entail ensuring facilities are in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Increase environmental site presence and site audits.
- Develop & implement visual air emissions log/spreadsheet according to the air permit and point sources.
- Tank containment postings. Site visits to conduct measurements of containment capacities.
- Increase environmental site requirements according to the Colas Environmental Checklists
- Assist with stockpile reporting for inventory fly overs via drone.
- Assist with Mine & PBS inspection corrective actions.
- Assist Plant Operators with SWPPP sampling
- Targeting students enrolled in a Environmental program
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A valid Driver’s License
- A clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to travel 75% of the time within Northeastern New York
M-F 7:00AM-3:30PM; starting around the end of May 2021 through mid-August. Housing will be covered, if needed, by employer.
Colas Inc.and its subsidiaries (Upstone Materials) are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here EEO document. If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colas Inc. 973-290-9082 or send an email to ColasRecruiter@colasinc.com.