Manager of Digital Media, Coalition for the Homeless
The Coalition for the Homeless is the nation’s oldest advocacy and direct service organization helping homeless men, women and children. We believe that affordable housing, sufficient food and the chance to work for a living wage are fundamental rights in a civilized society. Since our inception in 1981, the Coalition has worked through litigation, public education and direct services to ensure that these goals are realized.
The Manager of Digital Media works with the Director of Development and Advocacy department to 1) increase awareness of the Coalition, its mission and accomplishments by actively pursuing new social media and website strategies; 2) attract supporters, donors, advocates and volunteers with strong, dynamic written and visual content; and 3) further the advocacy and programmatic goals of the Coalition through effective utilization of digital media, including the organization’s website, email, social media, and any other new media and digital mechanisms.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements include a BA with a minimum of two years of experience in communications and digital media; superior knowledge of social media, design, blogging, photo sharing, video sharing tools, platforms, and applications; highly motivated and creative; excellent interpersonal and writing skills; strong analytical and critical thinking skills; basic understanding of web design and functionality; familiarity with emerging trends in the tech, nonprofit and social enterprise spaces. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Canva, Tweetdeck, and Photoshop required. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro and other Adobe Creative Suite products, as well as WordPress, Google Analytics, Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud recommended. A strong social conscience and experience with issues of housing, poverty, and social justice strongly desired.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Digital Media shall:
1. Facilitate the Coalition’s online presence by actively maintaining the website via WordPress on a daily basis so it is accurate, up-to-date, attractive, thorough, and functional.
2. Ensure the development, production, testing, and delivery of email communications by required deadlines. Draft, edit and proof all submitted copy to ensure accuracy, readability, effective calls to take action in compliance, and consistency with Coalition email policies.
3. Draft, design, produce, and program a multi-platform social media content strategy that reinforces and enhances the Coalition’s email, print, and online initiatives.
4. Monitor all social media platforms by engaging in social listening, and producing content and engagement reports to the Development and Advocacy staff one or two times per day.
5. Attend staff meetings with Advocacy and Development departments on a weekly basis or as needed in order to facilitate collaboration, discuss goals and objectives, and evaluate ongoing progress.
6. Assist in the development of new media and public relations strategy.
7. Plan, draft, and create compelling content for website, social media, and other printed and digital materials.
8. Draft and edit blogs, newsletter articles, website content, and other related publications.
9. Advance online video presence through production and editing of videos.
10. Work with the Director of Development to manage outside vendors related to communications, technological development, and video material.
11. Organize and maintain the digital database of photographs, video, and other digital assets, and work with Programs and Advocacy staff to build the Coalition’s catalog of media.
12. Track and report on website, email, and social media analytics. Follow trends and develop strategies to increase engagement.
13. Assist and manage other print productions and mailings, as needed.
14. Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Development, Advocacy department or designee.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
SALARY: $55K – $60K commensurate with experience and educations (Excellent benefits package)
A cover letter with salary requirements is REQUIRED with submission of resume
Include the job title in subject line of e-mail
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Persons of color and formerly homeless individuals are encouraged to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer