WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Data Science this role will help to develop the predictive insights and prescriptive capabilities behind CNN’s emerging products, transforming first- and third- party data into quantitative findings, visualizations, and automation. Core areas of focus and outcomes include:1. Data Exploration. Leverage our internal data platforms to quantify and identify patterns in user engagement and activation, funnel optimization, and retention.2. Statistical- and Machine Learning capabilities. Design and implement end-to-end models that predict user behavior and prescribe business actions using Python, R, and/or Spark. Preference will be given to candidates with experience with building time series-based solutions.3. Analytical problem-solving. The ability to break down quantitative findings into meaningful insights and develop recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.4. Automated solutioning. Transform ad hoc requests for predictive and prescriptive insights into prototype data products, ushering ‘light’ orchestration and monitoring through production-quality builds in collaboration with ML- and data engineers.
This is a collaborative role that will work alongside engineers, analysts, and data scientists to impact cross-functional teams of product managers; revenue, content, and design strategists; consumer scientists; and audience researchers. You’ll help make informed decisions faster by providing the tactical information necessary to better understand our users, content, and products.
- Partner closely with various business and analytics teams, serving as a product data science expert with an eye toward revenue and growth
- Participate in answering ad hoc project and data requests from various business units and organizations
- Design and build reports that clearly communicate quantitative analyses
- Build clear documentation around ad hoc analyses, methodology, and data definitions for raw and munged data
- Collaborate with both the data intelligence organization and its technology partners to identify opportunities for new dataproducts
- Understanding of applied statistics and machine learning algorithms, including methodologies for regressions, classification, clustering, and causality
- 2 years’ experience building data science driven solutions to solve business problems, preferably within online direct-to-consumer (DTC) organizations
- 2 years of data science experience querying databases (SQL) and leveraging a scripting language (Python, R, or Scala) to analyze data within a cloud environment· Experience with standard data science orchestration and automation (Airflow, DBT, lambda), and the ability to prototype solutions before transferring to engineering teams for final build approval.
- Domain knowledge of the end-to-end consumer journey, including demonstrated ability to form questions and design supporting analysis
- A quick learner can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the users and business’s changing needs.
- Academic background in quantitative field such as business, marketing, behavioral science, or applied math a plus
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.