About The Opportunity
As the convening arm of the Clinton Foundation, the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI) brings together leaders from the public sector, private sector, and civil society to drive action and create partnerships to improve lives. To do this, CGI hosts both large-scale conferences and targeted events to spotlight and bring together the people, issues and solutions making a difference in communities around the world. Separating CGI from other conveners, year-round, CGI supports partners in our community to develop Commitments to Action – new, specific and measurable projects that help address a specific challenge.
The Senior Events and Operations Associate position supports the operations and events team at CGI. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for social impact work, a desire to grow in the virtual events industry, and who excels at project and data management.
In this role you will work on:
Events & Operations:
- Support the Senior Manager, Events & Social Media on various programs and events and assists in pre- and post-event logistics and planning.
- Research event venues, formats, programming, etc.
- Organize and oversee registration and list management.
- Manage vendor relations including contracting managing vendor staffing, oversight of vendor work product and identifying gaps.
- Provide event support through on-site event attendance (if applicable), and virtual event planning and development.
- Maintain the initiative’s events calendar for visibility across team members
- Internal team coordination: Coordinate meetings, offsites and various internal events.
- Attends, helps prepare for, and takes notes at meetings as requested.
- Manage membership data and attendee communications through Blackbaud CRM and Mailchimp among other platforms, as well as managing data reports for the team.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in the events industry
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent writing/copy-editing copy
- Time management and multi-tasking skills
- Fast and eager learner, with critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and Google Drive
- Experience with Blackbaud CRM or similar programs is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, and work on multiple time zones, as necessary
About The Clinton Foundation
Building on a lifetime of public service, President Clinton established the Clinton Foundation on the simple belief that everyone deserves a chance to succeed, everyone has a responsibility to act, and we all do better when we work together. For nearly two decades, that premise has energized the work of the Foundation in overcoming complex challenges and improving the lives of people across the United States and around the world.
As an operating foundation, we work on issues directly or with strategic partners from the business, government, and nonprofit sectors to create economic opportunity, improve public health, and inspire civic engagement and service. Our programs are designed to make a real difference today while serving as proven models for tomorrow. The goal of every effort is to use available resources to get better results faster – at the lowest possible cost.
We firmly believe that when diverse groups of people bring resources together in the spirit of true cooperation, transformative ideas will emerge to drive life-changing action.
The Clinton Foundation is committed to public health and to the safety and wellbeing of our colleagues, visitors, and volunteers. As such, we have adopted a policy requiring all employees whose positions require them to be on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or to meet the legal guidelines for an exemption.
Learn more at http://www.clintonfoundation.org, on Facebook at Facebook.com/ClintonFoundation and on Twitter @ClintonFdn.