The Fraud Risk Manager is accountable for monitoring and developing fraud risk strategies for the Debit Card Portfolio. The risk manager will take the lead in the development of fraud processes, strategies and controls to mitigate fraud risk from Point of Sale Authorizations. Responsibilities include evaluation of new tools and processes to enhance detection, reporting on overall Fraud losses and trends in addition to monitoring strategy performance, analyze data and develop fraud rules to mitigate and prevent fraud losses and work with Vendor to implement fraud rules. Reconcile numerous metrics and condense/summarize performance for our Executives and Business Partners. The candidate will drive reductions in fraud losses through development of data driven solutions, implementation and monitoring of effective fraud controls, while partnering with model management, Fraud Operations, Product team and external vendors.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Monitor and develop fraud strategies, tools, processes, models to deliver superior fraud detection while balancing approval rate and product P&L impacts
- Assess new and existing products and services for fraud risk and propose mitigating controls
- Strong partnership with vendors and Product team effectively managing the fraud controls for the Debit Card Portfolio
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Risk Management Framework and internal Citizens Bank Policies and Policy Standards
- Develop, implement, monitor and provide performance tracking of fraud strategies and fraud prevention tools and processes
- Conducts ongoing analysis to identify root cause of fraud trends and propose potential solutions
- Effectively manages competing priorities of requests working under strict deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Economics or other quantitative, business or technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education and business applied experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; Advanced Excel. PowerPoint
- Proficiency with data extraction/mining tools (data processing and analysis) such as SQL, SAS
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills preferably in Financial Services industry
- Excellent communications (oral and written), interpersonal / business partnering, and organizational skills
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Management, Economics or other quantitative, business or technical discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the fraud life cycle, industry trends and fraud tools/solutions preferred
- Experience with the project management lifecycle through Agile
- Previous experience with managing fraud risk at another financial institution
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran